Sunday 8 March 2020

Stuff I'm Listening to - #93 - James - Laid


Artist: James

Title: Laid

Lyrics:

This bed is on fire with passionate love
The neighbours complain about the noises above
But she only comes when she's on top
 
Why?I must sadly admit, if I know any other songs by James, I don't realise that it's them. Feel free to toss your favourite James song at me (outside of this one) in the comments. More than happy to expand my knowledge. When this song came out, I was listening to the main alternative rock station in Toronto heavily at the time and you couldn't escape this song which was played at least four times a day, one with each shift change. It's a great tune. Catchy. I fully admit the CD was purchased in a Columbia House contract fulfilment order; I was buying it solely for the single. *Hangs head in shame* Yeah... I'm one of THOSE people.

I still love this song, even though it's the source of much cringing at any establishment which serves too much alcohol when it comes on (even when it's not karaoke night) with everyone trying to hit those falsetto notes (including me)... and failing miserably. Mind you, I make zero apologies if I'm doing my motorcycle karaoke and belting out this song. Remember. I don't care if I sound like a crow in heat. You shouldn't be that close to me that you can actually hear me (attempting to) sing over my pipes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment