Wednesday 4 March 2020

Stuff I'm Listening To - #89 - Prince - Darling Nikki


Artist: Prince and the Revolution

Title: Darling Nikki

Lyrics:

I knew a girl named Nikki I guess you could say she was a sex fiend,
I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine,
She said how'd you like to waste some time and I could not resist when I saw little Nikki grind.


Why?:
You know the problem with having a song with your name in it? It usually ends up being the last thing you want to hear. Pity all the girls named Nikki or Roxanne. The 80s were hell for them. 

I have no real memory of this song from the 80s. Truth be told, it would be a punk cover by a band called Apocalypse Hoboken that introduced me to this song. 

What? You were expecting more? Sometimes one decides to keep their counsel.  I could have said ‘a lady never reveals her secrets, but eff that. You all know by now I’m no lady🤣.




No comments:

Post a Comment