Saturday 7 March 2020

Stuff I'm Listening To #92 - Divinyls - I Touch Myself



Artist: Divinyls

Title: I Touch Myself

Lyrics:

You're the one who makes me come runnin'
You're the sun who makes me shine
When you're around, I'm always laughin'
I want to make you mine
 
Why?: During the winter, I'm safely encapsulated in the car, windows up and stereo on bust. I can't even hear myself singing. I like to sing. I'm probably the last person on earth you want to hear sing. I don't have a phenomenal voice and will William Shatner the fuck out of any song if forced to do actual karaoke.  

During the other three seasons of the year, if it isn't pouring rain out, I often forget I'm wearing headphones and that people can hear me when I'm singing on my motorcycle and stopped at a light. The last time that happened, I was at Dundas Square and got some strange looks from an older couple on the sidewalk. 

"I'm singing to my bike. She likes it." I hissed and that statement may or may not have been entirely true at that moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment