Friday 13 March 2020

Stuff I'm Listening To #97 - Guilty Pleasures #3 - Faith of the Heart - Russel Watson


Artist: Russell Watson

Title: Faith of the Heart

Favourite Lyrics:
Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe.
I can do anything.

Why?: I am a total sap when it comes to certain television theme songs. There are some really good ones out there. I could create you an entire playlist of some great songs and instrumental pieces that were featured as television show theme songs. And if they weren't tied to the show, you might still enjoy them. This is one of those songs.

When 'Enterprise' premièred, I actually enjoyed the show. I wasn't particularly attached to the original series and have no real attachment to it. I was attached to 'Star Trek, the Next Generation' which was now gone for a few years, and I was eager for something new. (Yes, yes, there was Deep Space Nine and Voyager, but I'd missed so many episodes, I lost interest. Kids... that's what life was like before the internet and Netflix. If you missed and episode, you had to set your VCR to record it during re-runs.

I quite enjoyed the show, until I fell into the same, missed too many episodes and lost track of what was going on scenario. And I really fell in love with the theme song. The song itself is this wonderful feel good song about accomplishments. What's not to love about it? And it's not Rod Stewart singing it though I understand he does do a cover of it.

Given that there's a slight possibility we might get shut down entirely because of Covid-19. I may opt to binge on this show. But that's a lot of Scott Bakula and Connor Trinneer to take in at once. :D

Faith of the Heart - Full Track:


No comments:

Post a Comment