Friday 6 December 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To - The Christmas Advent Edition - December 6th


Artist: Straight No Chaser

Title: The Christmas Can-Can

Favourites Lyrics: 

Christmas, Christmas time is here, and Christmas songs you love to hear
thoughts of joy and hope and cheer, but mostly shopping, shopping, shopping
Christmas. Christmas time is here, the sleigh bells and red nosed deer
songs and songs we love to hear all played a thousand times each year

Why?

If you were going to explain to someone what Christmas was all about these days, this would be the song I'd pull up for reference. 

The lyrics fall into the category of "it's funny because it's true." And do you laugh or cry because of the validity of it? As I said before, I chose to laugh. These guys are good and their shows are funny.

I discovered many moons ago I was a big fan of a capella and doo-wop music. Something about harmonizing barbershop quartets, giant choirs and generally, the amazing range of the human voice, is tremendously fascinating to me, largely because I don't sing myself. I think I love a capella groups such as these guys because they look like they're having so much fun.

Straight No Chaser also do this lovely arrangement of "The Twelve Days of Christmas". It's perfect for the busy person. Need to get your Christmas fix on and a bit of 80s goodness for good measure but only have about three minutes and a half to spare for it? Look no further.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment