Thursday 19 December 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To - Christmas Advent Edition - December 19th


Trigger Warning: Mariah Carey ahead. 

Artist: Mariah Carey

Title: All I Want For Christmas is You

Favourite Lyrics: 
'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do?
Cause baby all I want for Christmas is you


Why?: DON'T JUDGE ME! This is a guilty pleasure for me. 

A couple of things to note here: 
     a) I never worked retail so this song doesn't assault me as it does for some people. 
     b) If you hate this song, as I noted yesterday, you can change the channel, or in this case, don't hit play. 
     c) Yes, it's hokey drivel but then, what catchy Christmas song isn't?

Besides, there's some real truth behind the sappy sentiment in those quoted lyrics above. One day Paul may one day realise, I don't need anything else for Christmas. Okay! Everyone all together now... "Awwwww". 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment