Wednesday 11 December 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To - The Christmas Advent Edition - December 11th


Artist: the Barenaked Ladies

Title: Jingle Bells

Favourite Lyrics
Jingle bells
Batman smells
Robin laid an egg 
Batmobile lost it's wheel and the Joker got away

Why?:
I mentioned a while ago that I love acapella bands because they always seem to look like they're having fun. That also goes for these guys. Watch any of their live shows. They're having a blast. They hail from the same part of Toronto that I'm from and they will always have a soft spot in my heart. 

Kudos to my fellow Scarberians for adding the coveted Batman lyrics to their recording of the song. Yeah... it's a terrible song, but it's so much fun to sing. And the additional Batman lyrics, no matter how old you are, are funny. Don't believe me? Be the first person to teach a kid those lyrics. You won't be able to suppress your own laughter watching the kids giggle when they sing those lyrics for the first time. Especially fun when there's a school pageant involved. Christmas is supposed to be fun for the children. And being innocently naughty is always fun.

I fully admit I was partially responsible for belting out the forbidden Batman lyrics when I was in junior school. It happened so many times in my youth. It is always a fun memory. And each memory is the same, by the time it was in full swing, the teachers had lost control and everyone was laughing, even some of the teachers though they'll never admit it to their students. Good holiday fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment