Monday 2 December 2019

Stuff I’m listening to - The Christmas Advent Edition - December 2nd


Artist: Vince Guaraldi

Title: Christmas Time Is Here

Favourite Lines from the Show: 
Lucy Van Pelt: I know how you feel about all this Christmas business, getting depressed and all that. It happens to me every year. I never get what I really want. I always get a lot of stupid toys or a bicycle or clothes or something like that.
Charlie Brown: What is it you want?
Lucy Van Pelt: Real estate.

Why?: Honestly. I think this is one of the best holiday soundtracks to have playing. It's pleasantly jazzy piano music that happens to be Christmassy. Ever be sitting there and wondering why you're suddenly warm and fuzzy and then you realise it's because Vince Guaraldi is playing? He has the power to give me warm fuzzies. 

Sad though that both Dr. Seuss and Charles Schultz were truly disenfranchised with how commercialized Christmas had become and this was over 40 years ago. These classic tales that have become part of our Christmas television watching traditions were desperately trying to remind us all what the true meaning of Christmas is. It's about time with family and loved ones. Presents should be secondary to the time you spend with family. Has it gotten better? I don't know. I know it has for me. I spend time with family. I spend time with my husband, even if he's stuck working (I'll actually head out and bring dinner to him and we sit in the office and have our time together). That's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment