Wednesday 4 December 2019

Stuff I’m listening to - The Christmas Advent Edition - December 4th


Artist: Wham!

Title: Last Christmas

Favourite Lyrics

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away


Why?:
Have I mentioned lately I never left the 80s? 

I think this song is great. It actually doesn't sound like a Christmas song until you hear the sleigh bells part way through. It's your typical 80s new wave synthpop. And it doubles as a Christmas song that's going to be overplayed at every single party you go do. Take heart. There are far worse offerings out there (looks at Mariah Carey). George Michael was a great singer and song writer and this song gets a bum rap because radio stations don't know what else to do in December. One can, after all, only play Band Aid so many times before Sir Bob Geldof himself calls in to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment