Thursday 7 May 2020

Stuff I'm Listening to - Kraftwerk


Artist: Kraftwerk

TItle: Neon Lights

Lyrics

Neon lights
Shimmering neon lights
And at the fall of night
This city's made of lights
 
Why?: I actually don't own anything by Kraftwerk outside of a single MP3. Before you all gasp in surprise, let me explain. I just never got around to purchasing anything because they were everywhere. From people playing their stuff around me or on the deck of many of the music paraphernalia stores I'd hit. They were often the alternative stations go to during the times I'd be listening. MuchMusic's main show for alternative music that loved Laurie Anderson, the Cure and the Residents also seemed to really love Kraftwerk. And it seemed every band I enjoyed listening to enjoyed Kraftwerk and you could hear that in their music. Kraftwerk was such a mainstay of my teenage years, as much as air was. They were always there, even when I didn't notice. 

As for this song, clearly it's a favourite, it's been on my iPhone for a long time, five star ranking and when they introduced those hearts, it got one pretty fast.  RIP Florian Schneider-Esleben.

No comments:

Post a Comment