Wednesday 20 May 2020

Stuff I'm Listening To - the Rocky Horror Picture Show



Artist: Tim Curry

Title: Sweet Transvestite

From: The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Lyrics:
Don't get strung out by the way I look
Don't judge a book by it's cover


Why?:
There isn't much I could write about this musical that hasn't already been said. Either you love this campiness or you don't. I personally knew about the movie when I was younger, but obviously did not appreciate it to its fullest until I went to the see it in the theatre with some friends when I was a teenager. Up until that point, I was vaguely aware of the steps for the 'Time Warp' dance and that you needed to bring rice with you to the theatre if you were going to go see it and none of that was ever fully explained to me. My ex-boyfriend's mother scoffed at me when I asked her to explain. At the time I was annoyed because I do ask many questions that might seem like common and obvious knowledge to most people and people think I'm kidding around. Honestly, I am really that naive and that unaware about certain things. But I'll forgive her that. You really have to just go to the theatre and see it and experience it for yourself.

Also, what is not to love about Tim Curry in drag? Tell me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment