Monday 11 May 2020

Stuff I'm Listening To - Quick Fix edition - Human League


Artist: Human League

Title: Hard Times / Love Action





Lyrics: (I must admit I actually don't know these songs well enough to pick any at the moment)


Why?: Shamefully, in a blatant consumerist attempt to cheer myself up the other day, I was browsing through a independent Canadian record dealer's website (actually not long after Record Store day) and found a couple of albums to purchase to make me happy. This 12" single actually got added in last minute because it brought my total up to that magical point where I wasn't going to have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping. Also... my excuse...  As a Talk Talk fan, it was required for historical accuracy. I couldn't find the 7" so this was going to have to do.

Those of you who follow Rustin Man (and if you don't, why are we even friends?) will likely recall his two posts (here and here) about their pre-record deal performance at London's Blitz Club and tale of a certain solitary 7' single in the booth that was the pre-show entertainment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment