Thursday 30 April 2020

Stuff I'm Listening To - Rain Tree Crow


Artist: Rain Tree Crow

Title: Blackwater

Favourite Lyrics

Blackwater take me with you
To the place that I have spoken
Come lead me through the darkness
To the light that I long to see again

Why?: Sometimes you're just going through your mass of accumulated music you find a song that all at once is nostalgic and fits into your current mood. For those not in the know, you might be more familiar with these guys by the name of their old band, Japan.

The first time I heard this song I was 16. Hearing it now just makes me long to be 16, with a driver's licence, a borrowed '87 Mustang and driving all around the city, listening to this and a strange mix of other music on hanging with my best friend, far too late at night, because that car stereo with it's one blown rear speaker, with window's open, was the best sound system in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment