Monday 6 May 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To #50 - the Boomtown Rats


Artist: Boomtown Rats
 

Title: I Don’t Like Mondays
 

Favourite Lyrics:
Tell me why
I don't like Mondays
I want to shoot, the whole day down
 

Why?: I would make a joke about how it’s Monday and Monday’s as a rule are a bit shocking after your routine falls into disarray after a weekend of debauchery (Read: Angela is probably hungover 😂). Monday’s are also the time when some crappy news was delivered to me earlier this year (2 Mondays in a row actually…).
 

The lyrics and subject matter, shocking back in the 80s, are frighteningly commonplace today which made it hard for me to post this song earlier without someone connecting it to a recent event 😞. For what it’s worth, it’s always been a great melancholy song. I’m in a weird mood which is probably why the song made a connection to me today. And it’s Monday. I’m rambling. Sorry. Distracted. (Oooh! Somebody spilled beer in this ashtray!)
I need to ask, do you guys all like these posts? Honestly, feel free to comment on them, negative or positive.*

No comments:

Post a Comment