Tuesday 7 May 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To - Special Edition - Happy Birthday Pyotr Iiyich Tchaikovsky


Artist/Composer: Pyotr Iiyich Tchaikovsky

Title: The Nutcracker Suite

Why: Some of my earliest memories of music are the things my mother used to listen to. So it was all classical music (or traditional Korean music). I have a lot to thank my mother for. She provided the basis of my love of good music, and in this case, dance. I love to dance, but my dancing is probably best described as drunk flailing. I have great respect for anyone who studied dance. Again, some of my earliest memories include me plunked in front of the TV and being absolutely mesmerized by this piece and performance (not THIS particular performance and I wouldn’t even know where to begin to find the one performance that caught my attention the first time). And while it’s not Christmas, it’s his birthday. Enjoy. 

On Spotify for those who are interested: https://open.spotify.com/album/0jrTpQOfY1hWTGBZponRB9

No comments:

Post a Comment