Monday 20 May 2019

Stuff I'm Listening to: May 24 edition


Artist: The Fall

Title: Victoria

Favourite Lyrics: 
I was born, lucky me
In a land that I love
Though I am poor, I am free
When I grow I shall fight
For this land I shall die
Let her sun never set
Victoria


Why?: Happy Victoria Day all! This was the first version of the song I’d ever heard and shall forever remain my favourite. For those not in the know, we celebrate Victoria Day in Canada to the closest weekend to May 24th. We also have cases of 24 beer in Canada. So naturally, it's a fitting holiday to kick off the unofficial start to the summer here. And there are fireworks. 

So it should be of no surprise that today, it's cold, a little miserable and threatening rain. There may even still be frost warnings. Summer indeed. 

#RIPMarkESmith

No comments:

Post a Comment