Friday 7 June 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To #53 - The Jam


Artist: The Jam
 

Title: That’s Entertainment
 

Lyrics:
Days of speed and slow time Mondays
Pissing down with rain on a boring Wednesday
Watching the news and not eating your tea
A freezing cold flat and damp on the walls
That's entertainment, that's entertainment
 

Why?: There were so many songs when I started listening to mod revival that I had no idea who the artist was. It was always a struggle to find song titles. These days you have apps that can do that for you. While the apps suck for classical music (even more of a struggle), they work pretty good for these songs. It wasn’t until Morrissey did a cover of this song that I finally found out it was Paul Weller. This is one of those instances when I get upset that I discovered this group a bit late. Also, this is my current mood for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment