Tuesday 4 June 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To # 52 - Rush



Artist: Rush
 

Title: Tom Sawyer
 

Lyrics
No, his mind is not for rent
To any God or government
Always hopeful yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is

Why?
: It occurred to me that in the grand scheme of amazing drummers (Both Roger Taylors (the one from Queen and of course, the one from Duran Duran), Lee Harris from Talk Talk, Buddy Rich and of course Animal from Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem) that I don’t mention Neil Peart amongst them. I assume it’s because everyone already knows the Professor is an amazing drummer and it goes without saying. Just popping this tune up because I happen to be listening to it right now. And it came up after a few months of absenteeism on my motorcycle riding playlist. Awesome tune to be listening to on the bike, by the way.

Also - “Alright. It’s a Saturday night, I have no date, a two litre bottle of shasta and my all Rush mix tape. Let’s rock.” Philip J. Fry - Futurama



No comments:

Post a Comment