Saturday 15 June 2019

Stuff I'm Listening to #54 - Manic Street Preachers

Artist: Manic Street Preachers
Title: Love’s Sweet Exile
Favourite Lyrics: 

Our lives drift into a faceless sense of void
Everything of meaning becomes destroyed
There's too much concrete for us to breathe
We are kept down 'cos we hate
 

Why?: I’m not 100% sure what it was about this song that slapped me across the face. There are a handful of songs where upon first hearing them, I sit and am awed into stunned silence and just listen. One day I will eventually sit down and toss out a list of the songs I consider to be perfectly crafted songs/albums. In the meantime, there is this song. I love it. I have no explanation why, only that it pulls at my heartstrings whenever it is on and if I listen hard, I might be brought to emotional tears. And sometimes, it is as simple as a progression of guitar notes or chords. There are a few songs that can do this to me. This is one of them. I just wanted to share. Sorry if you were expecting some deep rooted reason or meaningful explanation. And for those who believe it might have something to do with the video, you’re probably right. I have a weak spot for hot men wearing makeup. ;)  #childofthe80s

No comments:

Post a Comment