Friday 31 August 2018

Stuff I'm Listening To #7 - the Cure


Artist: the Cure

Title: Friday I’m In Love
 

Favourite Lyric:  
You can never get enough, Enough of this stuff
It's Friday I'm in love


Why?: Because it’s Friday! I remember listening to CFNY’s premiere of this song. What I remember were a few angry Cure fans calling in to bitch about how this song was too ‘pop’ and how the Cure was betraying their song, style etc. I was something between a mod, goth and emo at the time. I remember being somewhat offended on behalf of the Cure. Really guy? You’re offended because you don’t like this song? Let’s see you go out and create some decent music then! Artists are allowed to have fun, which was clearly what the Cure was doing here. This whole album was ‘pop’ but what’s wrong with that? The Cure had no obligation to you to be moody and depressing. Fuck. Even Depeche Mode has happy songs. FFS, get a fucking life. Music is meant to be enjoyed. It sets moods and memories. If the Cure wanted to have a happy song, so be it. Go soak your head you pretentious goth-boy emo wannabe!!!! Fuck, they used to play Wham! at Skank (our affectionate nickname for the Sanctuary Vampire Sex Bar). And goths would dance to that and be happy about it. FUUUUCK! 

TL:DR: Pretentious ass calls in because band didn’t write 'moody woe is me' song. 

Note: This was originally posted on Facebook without comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment