Thursday 16 August 2018

Stuff I'm Listening To: Special Track - RIP Aretha Franklin


Artist: Aretha Franklin and George Michael
 

Title: I Knew You Were Waiting For Me
 

Favourite Lyrics: 
When the river was deep, I didn't falter

When the mountain was high, I still believed

When the valley was low, It didn't stop me

I knew you were waiting, I knew you were waiting for me 

Why?: In tribute to Aretha Franklin, I racked my brain. Of course “Respect” is a great song and would have been the go to for her. But in my own personal list of music and what it means to me, this is the first song I could recall from my youth where I knew who she was. She was that older black singer with a great voice and she’s singing a song with George Michael. I liked this song. The lyrics still speak to me. The songs I like are about love. This chorus is no different. But there’s momentum here. A desire to move forward because my lover will wait for me to reach these goals.

Note: This was originally published with video link and lyric choice only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment