Friday 10 August 2018

Stuff I'm Listening To #3 - Pop Will Eat Itself


Artist: Pop Will Eat Itself

Title: Ich Bin Ein Ausländer

Favourite Lyrics: 
And when they come to ethnically cleanse me
Will you speak out? Will you defend me?

Why?:  In regards to the lyric above, after seeing some of the shit ‘Facebook friends’ post, I have my doubts. 

The song was dance-able. It made me realize anger could be enjoyable and directed into my dancing. I took pleasure in screaming out these lyrics on the dance floor. Some blind hope that they meant something. 

Fun fact: This song is 24 years old. 

Note: This was originally published with video link and lyric choice only. There was a lot of hate going on. Hate based on fear and it was a moment of just doubting some people who claim to be friendly, but after seeing some of their misinformed hate spewing across social media, I had a moment of, maybe I need to cleanse my friends list. Upon reflection, I don't believe them to be hateful, just scared. It's a sad world we live in sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment