Thursday 6 September 2018

Stuff I'm Listening to #8: Queen



Artist: Queen

Title: Bohemian Rhapsody

Lyrics:
Is this the real life? 
Is this just fantasy? 
Caught in a landslide 
No escape from reality

Why?: Thanks Mike Myers and Wayne’s World. Head banging awesomeness. Later I would begin to really appreciate the structure of the music and the story told throughout the song. Love, hurt, anger. The best parts of art, poetry and music. What a brilliantly progressive song. Fun to listen to. Fun to sing along to. Freddie Mercury had so much presence and a true showman. I am sad that I only got into more Queen after his death. I’d watched Queen’s performance at Live Aid and I think I understood back then the sheer power and stage presence of Queen. I was enthralled by "Radio Ga-Ga" (My favourite song by Queen). I remember getting chills watching Freddie get all of Wembley singing along and clapping to that song. There's your proof of a phenomenal showman right there. 

(this was orignally posted on my Facebook page, without comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment