Wednesday 28 August 2019

Stuff I'm Listening to #59 - Lawrence Gowan


Aritst: Gowan

Title: A Criminal Mind

Lyrics:
I stand accused before you
I have no tears to cry
And you will never break me
Till the day I die


Despite my derpy, he gave me an autograph <3
Why?: I met Lawrence Gowan when I was working at First Night celebrations years ago at Harbourfront in Toronto with my awesome boss Polkaroo. Yeah... that's right peeps! Polkaroo was my boss! That was the same year, Love Inc. played Nathan Phillips Square for their New Year's fest. But I wasn't into Love Inc., even though you could hear them from Harbourfront in Toronto. 

I'd managed to thoroughly embarrass myself by declaring to Gowan that I had a crush on him when I was nine. Sorry, Lawrence! You must understand, I was very starstruck at that moment. But you were ever a gentleman and I thank you for that! 

He chatted with me for a bit, asking me what songs did I think he should play for his set. And wouldn't you know it... he did. Every single song I'd asked for. So it should only be noted that I stood corrected by him. 'I had a crush' at that point and forever is now 'I've had a crush on him since I was nine.' It's still there. It's never going away. 

He's currently touring with Styx as their lead singer and from everything I've seen online, doing an awesome job of it too.

Thanks to Boom 97.3 for posting this clip about Lawrence Gowan going on about the first time he heard his music on the radio. I love how he relates being super stoked about it. And for my international friends and followers, that intersection he notes in the clip below? Yeah... It's not that far from me. Scarborough represent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment