Tuesday 16 July 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To 57 - New Order


Artist: New Order
 

Title: Blue Monday
 

Favourite Lyrics:
I thought I told you to leave me
While I walked down to the beach
Tell me, how does it feel
When your heart grows cold?
 


Why?: I’ve always enjoyed New Order’s music. This is the second song I had heard by them, the first being ‘Bizarre Love Triangle’. It’s a good dance song. Very much a part of my youth where it would be a regular part of the playlist at the clubs I would frequent, and late 80’s early 90’s CFNY, when the Edge played decent music. They still play ok music, but I’ve become an old cantankerous woman, bitter at the world and find myself unable to relate to what the younglings call music these days *get off my lawn, ya damn kids!* I liked, and still enjoy depressing songs. I understand that this song’s title is in reference to the day the news broke about Ian Curtis. Ian Curtis committed suicide on May 18th... um... a long time ago. I think I mentioned before I really dislike commemorating sad events which is why this post didn’t go up back in May, along with all the other Ian Curtis commemorative posts. FYI, I didn’t know who Joy Division were until after I’d discovered New Order. Also, this song should have been posted along time ago, but Mondays back in February were just intent on delivering shitty news to me, so I held off, and this song got buried in my list of songs until today, the day after Ian Curtis' birthday. That's me, late to the party and bad at  timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment