Monday 3 February 2020

Stuff I'm Listening To #84 - I Want It Now - from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory


Artist: Julie Dawn Cole (written by: Anthony Newley & Leslie Bricusse)

Title: I Want It Now

From: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

Lyrics
I want the world

I want the whole world

I want to lock it all up in my pocket

It's my bar of chocolate

Give it to me

Now!

Why?: My brain is a dangerous place. Honestly. Today one of my favourite musicians decided to announce that he was releasing a new album. Naturally I was excited and through the course of the morning my bratty nature came through with crystal clarity.

I pre-ordered the album and now have to wait until March 20th to see the vinyl arrive at my door. Unacceptable! I want it now! So immediately after my mini-tantrum played out on his Instagram page, it became clear that I'm Veruca Salt. 

For what it's worth, my apologies for being so utterly and very demanding. I know he'd been working hard to get the album together and released. I know because I watched and listened to the first video single from the album and it's just as wonderful as everything else I've heard him release. 

For your listening pleasure, the song from the movie linked above. For your viewing pleasure, a badly photoshopped recreation of me below, if I was at the record factory, which I wasn't, which was probably a good thing.  


Motorcycle Peanut as Veruca Salt in 'Rustin Man and the Record Factory'

For those interested in Rustin Man’s new single it’s linked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment