Thursday 17 October 2019

Stuff I'm Listening To #64 - AC/DC


Artist: AC/DC

Title: Highway to Hell

Favourite Lyrics:
No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me around
Hey Satan, paid my dues


Why?: Today is the anniversary of the bit of Dragon slaying Paul and I did two years ago. This song, I promise you, is on repeat in every store in Deal's Gap, North Carolina. This little 11 mile (18 kilometer) stretch of interstate highway 128 that we came down to ride on, is known as the Tail of the Dragon. It consists of 318 curves and many of them are hairpins. You don't ride this bit of highway lightly and it was the life affirming trip I wanted to take to prove to myself and to Paul that I was fine and I could handle anything life (or my motorcycle) threw at me.

This song will forever be associated with this trip we took. We rode the entire round trip of 2,700 km + in just over 4 days, with one day (including a couple of hours after the sunset) of playing on the dragon. 

Aside from this, the songs a rockin' tune anyway. Great for any road trip. :)

9 States and 1 Province for an 18 km bit of wheeeeee!
Sexy beasts... and the guy riding the Harley is pretty sweet too.



1 comment:

  1. The song is an anthem by itself, but I really can't think of a better tune to ride to - absolute respect to you and your motorcycle!

    ReplyDelete