Monday 29 October 2018

Stuff I'm Listening To - Special Cat Day Edition


Artist: the Cure
 

Title: the Lovecats
 

Lyrics: 
😸We slip through the streets while everyone sleeps 
getting bigger and sleeker and wider and brighter 😸

Why?: Special Cat Day Edition: 😻

I always enjoyed this Cure song and video. It’s one of those many happy pop tracks that appealed to me. Since they are one of those staple/required listening goth bands from near the beginning of the movement and, I was a regular at Sanctuary, this and the rest of their library was always in heavy rotation. Not all goth needed to be so dark. This was one of those happy-go-lucky goth tunes for me. Happy Cat Day everyone! Adopt!

Unfortunately, there isn't much selection for the actual video, so here is a link to director Tim Pope's page, where the original official video is embedded but not shareable. 

http://www.timpope.tv/portfolio/the-cure-the-lovecats-video

No comments:

Post a Comment