Saturday 27 October 2018

Stuff I'm Listening To #12 - Duran Duran


Artist: Duran Duran 

Title: Rio

Lyrics:
Hey now (wow) look at that did he nearly run you down

At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive
You make me feel alive, alive, alive!


TL:DR: I like Duran Duran because they sound good, make good videos and the members are eye candy. Happy birthday Simon leBon

Why?: Happy Birthday Simon leBon, lead singer of Duran Duran. 

I’d been meaning to add some kind of commentary to my choices on this list but feel that my wordy posts get lost on most people.

Today I say “Well f that! This is my Facebook and I’ll prattle on if I want to!”

Why this song today? Well... it’s the lead singer’s birthday. Anyone who knows me knows they were a huge part of my life. I always appreciated the pop dancey music, the not-100% sure what he’s talking about lyrics, and of course, super gorgeous men and spiffy videos. 

Musically, I felt these guys have always been underrated by critics, but music is supposed to be entertaining. Just because it’s not a deep, thoughtful depressing look into all that’s wrong with humanity, doesn’t mean it’s not a great pop tune.

Bonus: Listen to the isolated bass. Don’t tell me John Taylor isn’t a talented bass guitarist. This baseline, for me, could stand alone. *Give me a moment, will ya? *fans self* 


No comments:

Post a Comment