Thursday 24 March 2022

Stuff I'm Listening To (Morning Groove Edition) - Hugh Laurie


Title: St. James Infirmary (From A Celebration of New Orleans special)

Lyrics:
When I die, bury me a straight laced shoes
A box backed suit and a Stetson hat
Put 20 dollar gold piece on my watch chain
So the boys'll know I died standin' pat

Why?: My newsfeed on my FB sometimes brings me some new stuff that’s pretty freakin’ good and serves as my morning groove as I’m getting ready for work. Like this lovely piece.

Hugh Laurie is one of my favourite doctors and a damn fine pianist.

Link to song (in case you didn't want to sit through the whole show): https://youtu.be/AzEBH6DZJVk

So for reasons beyond my understanding, the person who posted the clip of the piece won't allow playback on other sites, which I suspect has more to do with driving traffic directly to his YouTube channel than anything else. Fortunately for me, i was able to clip a piece for my social media to share my newfound discovery with my friends and, it made me seek out the entire show, which blessedly does exist and it posted as the main feature here. So pleasant researcher, internet rabbit hole bonus. :D 

Hugh Laurie's discography (as of 2022): 

Let Them Talk (2011)

Didn't It Rain (2013) 

Live on the Queen Mary (2013)

Deezer, YouTube, Spotify, Hugh Laurie Blues Website

No comments:

Post a Comment